Monday, March 14, 2011

Paintings

I enjoy painting when I have the chance. Here are some of my most recent works.

This was my take on the Little Mermaid. I wanted her to have more of a fish look to her, and large eyes to absorb the little light that there is deep in the ocean. Painted on canvas with acrylic paint and the details were outlined in black sharpie.

This was a quick painting I did with acrylic paint and sharpie on poster board. It was inspired by the White Stripes logo.

The art of Dia de los Muertos has always interested me. Death is rarely seen in a positive light, but Dia de los Muertos brings death to life with the vibrant colors and intricate designs. I found a large piece of cardboard, painted it white, and waited until I was inspired to paint something. Later that day, this is what I ended up with.

These two hearts were also inspired by Dia de los Muertos. Each was painted on a small 6x6 canvas using acrylic paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment