Monday, February 28, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

My name is Alejandro S. Vargas and I love to make things. I graduated in 2010 with a bachelors degree in Cinema Studies from San Francisco State University. During my time there I was given the chance to experience the various aspects of cinema production. In my junior semester I wrote, filmed, and edited my first film using a Bolex Camera. During my senior year I moved up to digital film making and participated in the various short film projects in my directing class, where I took the roles of director, cinematographer, set dresser, grip, editor, assistant director, and camera operator.

Ever since I was a young child, I was facinated with movies. I not only enjoyed watching them but also learning about all the effort that went into their making. As a oung boy, I would borrow books from the library that forcused on all the behind the scenes action in movies. I was and still am as big fan of the Star Wars sagas, and as a young boy I watched "From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of Star Wars" almost more often than I did the actual movies.

While attending Newark Memorial High School in Newark, CA. I became part of the production team for our high school news program. I would film small segments, edit them, and help write out the script for the weekly show. During my junior and senior years I joined the Drama club and assisted in the production of four plays. During those two years I took on the roles of assistant stage manager, light board operator, and shop manager. Keeping the tasks at hand and students in order was an important part of my job and I saw to the completion of each task on time.

When I'm not working I spend my time on drawing, painting and working on little projects. These projects may be steampunking a lamp or using cardboard and paper maché to make masks. At any one time I have at least two projects I am working on. I'll consider this blog one of those projects. During my senior year at San Francisco State I learned how to use Dreamweaver and photoshop. Wonderful programs that I continue to use and learn more about every time I use them.

I hope to post my short films and various projects I've made. Luckily for some of them I took pictures detailing how they were made. It'll take some time to post them all, so I ask for your patience.

Thank you
and I hope you
like what you see, 

Alejandro S. Vargas


No comments:

Post a Comment